How to apply for a visa?
- For Danish passport holder and wish to stay in Thailand for no more than 45 days, (COVID-19 period) your passport must be valid for at least 6 months (according to immigration law). You shall also check with your airline for other requirements.
- According to immigration law, you must be able to present an exit ticket within 30 day of your arrival if you travel without a visa. Immigration officer has the right to deny your entry if you fail to show an exit ticket.
- Foreigners entering Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption category must possess adequate finances for the duration of stay in Thailand (i.e., cash 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family).
- Do not apply for a visa earlier than 3 months before you will arrive in Thailand. (The best time to apply for a visa is approximately 4 weeks before traveling)
- When applying for a visa at the Royal Thai Embassy, it is required that the applicants use an application form from the Royal Thai Embassy only. Applicants are to bring the documents as listed in their subjected visa category along with the application form.
- Do you need a visa?
2.1 Countries and territories entitled for Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival to Thailand
Check Country of Your Passport ⇐CLICK
2.2 For Danish Passport holder
Any Danish passport holder is normally allowed to enter and stay in Thailand up to 30 days without a visa for tourism purpose when enter the country by air (no limit how many times you entry the country). Anyway if you enter the country by land or by sea, you are allowed to enter and stay in Thailand up to 30 days but only twice a year. If your stay will be longer than the mentioned period, then you need to apply for a visa. More details click here
2.3 For Danish Alien’s Passport (Grey) and Danish Travel Document (Blue) Passport holder
Applicants who are originally nationals of countries with additional requirements and currently holding Danish Alien’s Passport and Danish travel documents need to submit the visa application at least four weeks in advance as well. Make sure that all required documents submitted are in copies.
Holders of Danish travel documents and Danish alien passports must apply for a visa.
regardless of how many days the applicant will stay in the Kingdom.
2.4 For Applicants listed in the countries with additional requirements
**Applicants listed in the countries with additional requirements namely; Afghanistan, Algeria, Central African Republic Bangladesh China, Republic of Cameroon, Central Africa, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Egypt, Republic of Ghana, Republic of Equatorial Guinea, Republic of Guinea, India, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Lebanon, Libya, Republic of Liberia, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Federal Republic of Somalia, Republic of Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principe and Yemen are requested to submit the visa applications at least four weeks prior to the travel date. More details click here
2.5 For Minor
In case the applicant is a minor, both parents need to sign on the child’s application as consent. In case of single parent, a supporting document of child’s full custody is required.
- Choose your Visa Category and Prepare documents
The following categories are the most frequently requested visas. Click here for more information.
- Tourist Visa(Single or multiple tourist visa)
- Non-immigrant Category O Visa
- Non-immigrant Category B(For business purposes such as attending a conference, meeting, and visiting business partners/working and visa for spouse & children)
- Non-immigrant Category ED (Studying or internship)
- Visa application and processing time
- Applicants are to bring the documents as requested in your visa category along with the application form.Applications lacking any required documents will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant immediately.
- Personal contact at the Embassy (No-booking)
Click to download form.
- Submission of visa application along with the requested documents is ONLY between 09.00 hrs – 11.30 hrs from Monday to Friday(except official holidays). Any visa applications submitted at the Embassy after 11.30 hrs will NOT be accepted.
- Collection of visas is ONLY between 14.00-16.00 hrs.
- Visa applications submitted at the Embassy in person will take approximately 3 working daysduring the low season (March – September) and up to 5 working days during the high season (October – February).
- The Embassy does not provide copy service and all copies must be made in A4 paper.
- 3. Postal application
- For visa applications sent to the Embassy by post, all the required documents must be in order.
- Kindly enclose the visa fee in cashand a self-addressed envelope with appropriate postage (registered mail only) so that the Embassy can return the passport(s).
- Approximately postage stamps are 150 kr. Please contact Postnordfor further information on postage stamps.
- Visa applications sent to the Embassy by post will take up to15 working days (3 weeks) in all seasons.
For postal visa applications sent to the Embassy from Iceland, Lithuania, Greenland and the Faroe Islands, visa fees are to be enclosed in Danish currency only. Travelers who reside in Denmark and are expected to travel within a short time frame are strongly advised to submit the visa applications to the Embassy in person.
- VISA FEES
Tourist Visa 250 DKK
Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (METV) 1,250 DKK
Non-Immigrant Visa 500 DKK for single entry
Non-Immigrant Visa 1,250 DKK for multiple entries
The Embassy accepts visa payment only in cash. The Embassy does not accept credit cards, neither bank transfers nor other currencies than Danish Kroner